Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Week 4

Last week, the activities that I participated in were all centered around the week's topic which was Grief and Mourning.

I sat through a presentation on strategies for coping with grief. However, I was only able to grasp a little of it.

My classmates that were more fluent in Spanish translated a paper about how to approach the topic of grief and death with a child. I got the gist of it from listening to them translate out loud, while searching for the occasional mystery word on Word Reference.
We also sat in on an art activity, where the patients were asked to create an art piece that depicted their emotions, with a list of 40+ emotions to prompt ideas. Some of the patients' drawings were really moving to see. This activity was especially interesting to me, because you don't need a common language to interpret art. As the patients described their reasoning for each illustration, I think my interpretations of them were pretty accurate. This activity seemed to prompt a lot of deep thought from the patients as they worked.




No comments:

Post a Comment